Today’s video is for the A.P.T. Chris Brown “Deuces” Parody, “Jersey Shore Douches.”
AVAILABLE ON A.P.T.’S “PRINCE OF PARODY, VOL. 1” ALBUM – Download it HERE!
INSIGHT INTO A SONG:
While in mid-recording for one of the songs for my new album, “Prince of Parody, Vol. 1,” my friend told me he had a great idea for a parody.
Usually when I hear these types of sentences, I immediately get suspicious. Everyone likes to think they have a good idea for a parody song, but just because the idea is there doesn’t mean it can be executed well enough to be funny for the purposes of what I do.
Nevertheless, I decided to listen to his suggestion. All he said was one word:
Instantly, I started laughing my butt off. I already knew what song he was talking about parodying – Chris Brown’s infectious “Deuces” song – and thought I’d be able to get a good amount of mileage off the word.
Prior to making the song, though, I looked on YouTube to see if anyone else had done the idea. Sure enough, Affion Crockett had done a song called “Douches” talking about women who needed to clean their lady parts.
I didn’t want to be that gross with it (I know other songs I could make gross parodies to), but I still liked the idea. After thinking about it, I decided to use the word to describe a particular set of the population…
The cast of MTV’s “Jersey Shore.”
And so, I created a song talking about how “Douche”-like the cast members of the show are. Granted, I’ve only seen a few snippets of the show, so I had to do some heavy research on the show and the people involved on it… but, given the reaction I’ve received from the people I’ve played the song for, I think I went in the right direction!
Some Interesting Song Tidbits:
1. I didn’t know whether or not to use the word “Guido” in the song. I think it may possibly be a slur of some kind. However, since they use it towards one another, I considered it a show reference and kept it in. Hopefully I won’t get too much backlash!
2. I cut the song down to two verses for a few reasons: (a) because the beat I used only made room for 2 verses; and (b) the second verse of the song belongs to Tyga, who I still hold resent over for using MY “Obama Milli Remix” song as though it was his own 2 years ago. F–K THAT GUY!
3. And yes, that’s ME singing during Chris’ part! I actually CAN sing, and I’m sure my Mom will be happy to see me doing so (though I don’t know if she’ll necessarily like the content of the song 🙂
INSIGHT INTO A VIDEO SHOOT:
The video shoot was real simple: me, dressed up in two different outfits, in front of a green screen that I would later key out and replace with numerous pics from “Jersey Shore” photo opts.
I find that, for some reason, the simpler I keep my videos, the more YouTube views they get. This one is just about as simple as the “Obama Milli Remix” was, and it got MILLIONS of views. Here’s hoping this one does the same!
Some Interesting Video Shoot Tidbits:
1. Even though the video LOOKS simple, the process of finding all the pictures, pasting them in the right place, deciding between placing one in the background vs. by itself… it takes quite a while.
2. The part where I say “Is it T-shirt time?” I’m wearing my Hampton University alma mater shirt. Just wanted to give my ol’ school a shout-out!
3. Estimated time to edit the video together: a few days. The video shoot itself was only about 30 minutes – thank green screen keying and picture fetching for the REST of the time it took!
That’s all for now! More videos are coming; in the meantime, enjoy this one, and share it with your friends!